Monday, February 15, 2010

Our Weekend of Projects!

Our weekend has been quite busy. Initially, we had taken Friday off work to run errands and clean the garage. Well, the garage plans were off because it rained ALL DAY. We ran the errands we could and we S.H.O.P.P.E.D till we dropped.


We do not exchange gifts for occasions, such as Valentine's Day. We spend time together and get what we want. Hubby wanted a welder and Harbor Freight had a great one on sale.

Guess what I got!!!!!!




Did anyone see my wishlist on the left?



I got a Cricut Expression!

However, I have only opened it. Upon investigating the Cricut forum, I discovered that you MUST know what you are doing. It doesn't "just do it". So, I am now scared I will cut my mat. If anyone has used a Cricut Expression, I would appreciate input greatly.

We also, did A LOT of Goodwill shopping. I bought:

A rocking chair and ottoman. The wood is in great shape, but, we will need to replace the fabric.

a great chair to redo

a table to redo and make a lego table

lots of toys for my grandson

more candle sticks and platters

I know I am forgetting something...


Our projects this weekend were cake plates and candle holders. While at the thrift shops, Goodwill and Salvation Army, I am always on the lookout for candle sticks and platters/plates to attach to each other. Here are a few from this weekend.



Photobucket






Photobucket

Here is the top of this one:
Photobucket






Photobucket

Here is the top of this one:

Photobucket







Photobucket


And the top of this one:
Photobucket





And the candle holders we made: (Can you believe these cost $2 to make!)


Photobucket


Another angle:


Photobucket


And the other:

Photobucket


and the other angle:
Photobucket


There is another fantastic project that I will post once I get the final shot! I can't wait to show you!!!
Post a Comment