Monday, March 8, 2010

Featured Bloggers



This weekend we tried to finish up our latest project, the Curio Cabinet. However, upon putting it back together after painting it, a piece of the glass broke. Now we need to locate glass to fit. I will post pictures once this is completed. We also had a mishap with our lazy susan we were working on. We took it outside to paint and, I guess the sun was too much because it bubbled. Now, we will have to sand and repaint. Ugh. One thing goes wrong and it is all downhill from there.





Ok, first things first. I have some questions for everyone.

1) How often do you craft or do home décor projects? 2) Do you have a full time job outside of the home? 3) If you sell any of your projects, do you have tips for others? 4) Do you sell refurbished furniture? 5) Do you have children? 6) How many hours a week do you spend on projects?
Ok, now for the main purpose today, our


Featured Bloggers & Tutorials.


For this first tutorial, I am absolutely in love with these
fabric mums!
Designer Natalie Chanin’s Nature Inspired Cotton Jersey Flower Bouquet is to die for! I think these would be a nice addition to any home décor. I am also thinking they would be nice for a baby shower I am planning.


Photobucket


All you will need for this project is: Plain, white cotton tee shirt, Scissors, Stapler, Finger paint (or tempra paint and brush) and cotton balls.





This next project is from Miss Mustard Seed. She shows us how to make a Boxwood Topiary.
I would love to make this topiary for my table when you come in the front door.


Photobucket





This last project is a Lego Table made by The Gaines Gang. Kate Create’s Lego Table.
I have had this saved for months. It is one of the projects (along with everything at Beneath My Heart)
that had inspired me to start on the adventure of doing our own projects. Although I have not created this as yet, I do have two tables purchased for this. One for my home and one for my daughters home. My grandson is only 6 months, so we have a little time yet.


Photobucket

9 comments:

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Thanks so much for the feature! I just love those fabric flowers as well. I'm going to have to check them out.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Oh you brought back some good memories with that lego table. My youngest was a total lego kid. In answer to some of your questions, I have 3 kids one graduating high school this year, one i college and one finished with college and on her own. It is all a big juggle....I used to have my own store and now I work from home.
♥, Susan

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

WOW! Thanks so much for the highlight today! It was a great treat to my Monday morning!

Debra said...

Bubby will 7 months tomorrow, mommy.

x said...

That fabric mums are beautiful!

Dorkys Ramos said...

Oh that Lego table is genius! I'm grown, but I'd totally play on it myself. Any child could easily spend hours with it...which means hours of peace for you!

Sabrina said...

Love that Lego table too...my boys would be in heaven. My parents made an activity table for my boys this year for Christmas. Check it out on my blog. Homemade just makes it even more special.

Leanne said...

Denise, Thanks for visiting and thanks for your kind words. I hope you come back soon and I'll be waiting to see your curio cabinet.

Unknown said...

Wow...love the mums and the boxwood topiary! Just wanted to say hi and thanks for linking up to Connect MEme Monday!

http://thepursuitofmommyness.com/