Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Steal Of The Week: Our Lovely Little Armoire

Even though the last thing we needed was one more project  (we have more than enough on our plates, especially with the chairs I posted about yesterday) ) we just couldn’t pass taking a look at this armoire I came across on Craigslist:
image 2132740982-0


Sure I'd seen better photos for more expensive armoire's on Craigslist, but luckily for us, they'd all been sold.  


image 2132740982-1




Now, lemme tell you, I wasn't really concerned with what it looked like as long as it had good bones. These pictures did not do the piece any justice at all (lucky for me because everyone else passed it up!). This armoire is SOLID OAK in FAB condition!!!!


The plan for this piece? I wanted a craft cabinet like the one seen here:





Lucky, lucky day. Thank you Craigslist!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great find!! very beautiful and functional!

Anonymous said...

Visiting from Life As Lori. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I have an armoire I want to make a craft cabinet out of. Were not using it for anything, but hubs is putting up a fight about painting it!!! Give me something to show him!!! :-)
lifeofperks.blogspot.com

Between Blue and Yellow said...

I love this! I hope you don't mind me featuring this today on my B&A Friday post :)

Between Blue and Yellow said...

oh, I just realized that isn't the same piece ha!

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

Awesome job! I love the gray!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I'm glad you like my project armoire. It is great for keeping everything organized and at my fingertips! Your armoire is beautiful...great find! Can't wait to see the "after."