Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Anna's $10 Pottery Barn Knock Off

Anna {Take The Side Street} picked up an old pendant light from The Habitat For Humanity Restore for $10:

{drab}
...and made it look like better than a Pottery Barn pendant: 

Gothic Outdoor Lantern, Bronze finish
In true DIY fashion, Anna stripped that light fixture of all it's parts and painted it with Rustoleum's Oil Rubbed Bronze, replaced the gold lamp wire with a black one, and put it all back together. 



Lovin' Anna's pendant better than the PB version {especially lovin' the price)!

9 comments:

Anna @ Take the Side Street said...

Thanks for the feature! :)

Amanda said...

Love the makeover!! I need creativity like that :)
Following from the Winter Wednesday Blog Hop! I hope you will come by :)

Amanda
www.mommyoftwolittlemonkeys.com

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

Very neat!

I just found your blog through one of the blog hops! Have a great week.

Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

Anonymous said...

kudos! hooray! atta-girl! :)

laxsupermom said...

Love this makeover! That pendant went from dated to now. I love what a little paint can do. Thanks for sharing.

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

thanks for the nice comment on my apron. I am your newest follower. Love the light! Want one!!

I Thought I Knew Mama said...

Great makeover!

Stumbled!

Dana Gastelum said...

Amazing transformation! I LOVE a good cheap Pottery Barn look-alike!! Thanks for finding my blog! I'm a new follower of yours :)
Have a wonderful day!
Dana
http://southerninspired.blogspot.com/

NV said...

hmmmm... this is putting thoughts in my head. I have a pendant light in my hallway that I really don't like. But perhaps it just needs a transformation... I am going to go check it out again with a new set of eyes! Thanks!