Sunday, February 27, 2011

Banana Bread Muffins



Banana Bread


I have loved Banana Bread fo-eva! The cafeteria where we work has banana bread, but at $1 a slice. Knowing I can make it much cheaper, and lighten it up so that I can have great treats but work on my waist-line, I changed it up a bit and made muffins so I can easily grab and go.


In my version, I switched out the sugar for Splenda. I didn't think of it until after, but next time I will switch the vegetable oil for sugar free applesauce.


Ingredients

  • 1 cup white sugar- I switched to Splenda
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda


Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place muffin cups in muffin tin, or grease with a little butter.
  2. Mix sugar, oil, and egg until creamy and light yellow. Add bananas and walnuts. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until completely smooth. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin.
  3. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until toothpick poked in center muffin comes out clean.





 Linking up to various food/cooking blog parties and






Post a Comment