Sunday, February 27, 2011

Banana Bread Muffins



Banana Bread


I have loved Banana Bread fo-eva! The cafeteria where we work has banana bread, but at $1 a slice. Knowing I can make it much cheaper, and lighten it up so that I can have great treats but work on my waist-line, I changed it up a bit and made muffins so I can easily grab and go.


In my version, I switched out the sugar for Splenda. I didn't think of it until after, but next time I will switch the vegetable oil for sugar free applesauce.


Ingredients

  • 1 cup white sugar- I switched to Splenda
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda


Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place muffin cups in muffin tin, or grease with a little butter.
  2. Mix sugar, oil, and egg until creamy and light yellow. Add bananas and walnuts. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until completely smooth. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin.
  3. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until toothpick poked in center muffin comes out clean.





 Linking up to various food/cooking blog parties and






17 comments:

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

Sounds delicious. I will have to try it.
Don't forget to join me for More The Merrier Monday and link up all of your great projects.


http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

Banana bread is always welcome with my family. They just gobble it up!

Theresa Plas said...

I'd love to have a slice this morning ... heavy on the cream cheese pls:)

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Love banana bread. It is so good :) Thanks for sharing your recipe.

PERMANENT POSIES said...

Does the Splenda taste OK in it? I am always looking for ways to cut calories and suagr. This recipe looks very simple and yummy. Thanks for sharing it.

Unknown said...

This really looks good. I'm anxious to give it a try. I'm trying to cook more with agave nectar. Have you tried that? Come join me for What's On the Menu Wednesday whenever you can:) Have a great week.

Tammy @ Type A said...

do you have a recipe for zucchini bread? Thanks for sharing this at my party!

Unknown said...

I love banana bread, especially when I add in some chocolate chips! THanks for linkin up!

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

Ooohhh, I've been wanting to make some good banana bread lately! I just made some pumpkin loaves but I may have to breakdown this weekend and make some banana bread! Thanks for sharing!

Katherine said...

Looks so good! I just have to get to the bananas before all of the monkeys here do! ;) Thanks for linking up!

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

I love banana bread and muffins. I always add in a handful or two of chocolate chips too.

I'd love for you to share this recipe on my linky for Sweet Tooth Friday. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/03/03/monster-cookies/

Unknown said...

i will have to make these for my neighbor...he is always asking if i make anything good with splenda...now i can say,
well, yes i do! thank you for sharing this yummy recipe with tuesday night supper club.

Dominique @ Craft Couture said...

mmm one of my favs. I'll have to try this recipe. Thanks for linking up to Craft Couture Monday.

Miz Helen said...

Hi Denise,
Wow what a great recipe. It really looks delicious. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

Brittany said...

Hi Denise! Great recipe!! :)

Wanted to invite you to share it at a weekly event I host titled Seasonal Sundays. THis recipe as you can imagine fits the theme perfectly! (http://realsustenance.com/)

Happy Sunday! -Brittany-

AllieMakes! said...

Looks yummy! Thank you for sharing your recipe!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie last week! I can't wait to see what you have for this week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations Denise,
You are featured on Full Plate Thursday 3-10-11. I sure hope you enjoy your Red Plate!