Monday, March 28, 2011

What's For Dessert: Frozen Chocolate Mousse Pie




With summer coming, there will be summer holidays, bbq's, and family get-togethers. Not only do you not want to be stuck in the kitchen, often we want a treat that is quick,light and cool. My family loves this. Give it a try!

Frozen Chocolate Mousse Pie

Ingredients 

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 quart, plus 3 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon chocolate creme liqueur
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
1 premade pie shell
Chocolate chips, for topping

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prick holes to bottom of pie shell. Bake in oven for 11 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add chocolate chips, 3 tablespoons heavy cream and chocolate liqueur. Cook until smooth, about 1 minute. Add vanilla extract. Mix and let cool.
In a mixing bowl combine sugar and 1 quart heavy cream. Whip as if you were making whipped cream. Slowly fold the chocolate sauce into the cream.
Next pour the mousse mixture into the pie shells. Add chocolate chips to the top of the pies. Wrap the pie and freeze for a few hours or overnight.


27 comments:

Unknown said...

This really looks wonderful!

Jacqueline said...

Nice to meet you on Tasty Tuesday. This looks absolutely incredible and I agree, it will be a wonderful summer dessert! Everyone will be asking for the delicious recipe! I would love a bite right now.

brokeintrovert said...

Yummy! This one will be going into the recipe files!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

This looks SO yummy!! A frozen pie will be really refreshing when summer gets here!

Traci Michele said...

WOWZA! Look sososo good.

Here's my recipe: http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2011/03/rice-crispy-easter-eggs-to-make-with.html

Love,
Traci

Stacia said...

Looks delicious and perfect for the warm weather in our future!

Melissa said...

Oh my word! Yes pleases! Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe of at Tuesday Tell All.

Beverly said...

oh that looks yummy, why are all these being posted when I am trying to lose weight lol!

Karen T said...

That looks yummy!

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

That pie looks so good! I can't wait for the summer days when that will be the perfect treat!

Kelly @ Run With Glitter said...

Yummy!!!!
I'd love it if you would link up over at the Glitter Party!!!
http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/03/weekly-tues-thurs-link-party.html
xoxo
Kelly

As Good As Gluten said...

I'm coming over from Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays. This looks great, and I bet would be easy converted to gluten-free.

Sweetie1313 said...

Just stopping by through Funky Polkadot Girrafe and am your newest follower also. This looks absolutely delicious! Feel free to follow back.

http://helpfuldaddy.blogspot.com

Sue said...

Mmmmm, looks like a winner!

Erika . . . with a K said...

Wow this looks amazing!

Lindsay said...

love that its got a little booze in it ;) yum!

Tammy @ Type A said...

i'm seriously drooling! lol that looks so yummy. this is a great idea. thanks for sharing this at my party!

Michelle said...

This looks delicious! I'm not a big fan of chocolate, but this looks pretty light, I'll have to try it! Thanks for sharing and I'd love for you to link up at DIY Thrifty Thursday at Thrifty 101. :) http://thrifty101.blogspot.com/2011/03/diy-thrifty-thursday-9.html

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

OHMYWORD. I must make this! I'm a choco-holic! thanks for linking this up to Wicked Awesome Wednesday.

Fuegita said...

That look delicious! I have to make that some time!
I am following you from the Welcome Wednesday. When you get a chance please follow me back. Thanks!

tawna6988 said...

I so want a big piece of that!!!

Tawna

tawnasplan.blogspot.com

HaleyLeann said...

Yummy! Yummy! Yum! I <3 anything chocolate!!! Thanks for linking up on Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!

Brandy said...

That looks AMAZING!!!

Brandy
Gluesticks

emilysnan said...

hiya ,yummy ,great project and tutorial , i am visitng from handy man crafty woman and i am your newest follower too hope you can visit me too
xmaggiex

Art Chick said...

This looks so very good! I have to make this for the Hubs. I know he will love it. TFS!

Unknown said...

I love mousse, I love chocolate, and I love frozen things, I saw I would love this! Thanks for sharing, yum!

Lori said...

Hey, any idea how long it will keep in the freezer? Wondering how far in advance I can make this. Thanks!