Sunday, May 1, 2011

Black & Decker Ultimate Sandwich Recipe Contest




 When I was presented with the opportunity to join in the Black & Decker Ultimate Sandwich Recipe Contest. I was so excited! I have never created my own recipe for anything nor entered a food contest! What this contest entailed was to come up with an original sandwich (couldn’t have selected anything better for me! Love this category!) and prepare and cook my creation in the amazing Black & Decker Convection Toaster Oven. I have never had a toaster oven and, to be honest, I don’t know how I lived without one previously! Amazing appliance to have!

Black & Decker will select approximately 5 finalists and re-create, taste test (I want this job!) the amazing sandwiches and select the final Grand Prize winner. The lucky Grand Prize winner will receive a $1,000 cash prize and have their recipe professionally photographed and included in a nationally distributed back-to-school themed feature release this summer!

So I put my thinking cap on and came up with what I believed to be a good sandwich. First I tested and used the new Toaster Oven after getting it all set up, and then I got to work to getmy sandwich prepared. I wanted something light but super easy to make as well.

This sandwich should satisfy your craving for a sandwich! I wanted a light sandwich that that would be great for taking to work, having with the family, etc.

Turkey Quesadilla

1 Tortilla
Turkey breast, heated on paper towels to remove excess juices
Ham, heated on paper towels to remove excess juices
Swiss cheese
pickles
mustard

Lay out your tortilla. Spread mustard on top. Place cheese and pickles on one half of the the tortilla. Add turkey and top with ham to the same half of tortilla as the mustard and pickles. Close up your sandwich and place in toaster oven for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees, until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is a little crispy. Cut the sandwich on the diagonal and enjoy!


No comments: