Monday, June 27, 2011

Let's Make It: {The Perfect Sandwich Cookie}





Yummmm!
Hey, Brandy…
I’ll be right over for one!



“ I remember my mom making these cookies when I was a child. She found the recipe in the "Country" magazine, which is now called "Taste of Home". I hadn't had them in years and was trying to think of a good ice cream sandwich cookie when these came to mind. I did a quick google search and found the recipe on the Taste of Home website! Yay!
They are called "Poor Man" Cookies. There aren't any eggs, milk, or nuts in them. Just plain, basic ingredients and somehow they end up being the richest, melt in your mouth, oatmeal cookie...EVER. Crispy on the outside, soft in the center, and a hint of toasted coconut flavor, although they do not contain coconut. Maybe it's all of the brown sugar that makes them so rich in flavor? I'm not sure, but they are amazing.” 






To see the full post, click below:




{The Perfect Sandwich Cookie}




Please grab a featured button.




Two ways to keep up with the latest  features: "Like" our page on Facebook and follow us on TwitterCheck out our Deal Site:Sensible Shoppers and DIY blog: Extreme Measures.







No comments: