Friday, August 26, 2011

Brother P-touch Ambassador Test-It Challenge: Test #1



When I was presented with the opportunity to become a Brother P-Touch Ambassador, I jumped at the opportunity! As a mom of three, keeping the house organized is a job in itself. I have been wanting to organize the whole house, but in particular, my kitchen. My pantry is so disorganized. It is a mish mash of food boxes, bags of chips, cans, etc.

The first task as a Brother P-touch Ambassador is to take the Test-It Challenge kit that we were mailed and put the labels through the wringer and show how tough and durable the Brother P-Touch labels are.

Our first photo shows you the Test kit as it arrived. (Well, sort of. It came wrapped in caution tape but I was so excited I forgot to get that first photo).

The next couple of photos show what came inside the package. These are the items we will use to test the durability of the labels.
The extreme test kit included:
P-touch label samples
Plexi glass block
Nail Polish remover
Travel size bleach with palm brush
scrubber sponge

Finally, we have my video detailing what took place in my test.
















First, I scrubbed as the label as hard as possible with the brush. I added the abrasive soap (mixed in water), letting it soak for a small time.  Followed by wiping it off with the enclosed sponge. With no signs of wear, I moved onto the scrub brush. Still, showing no signs of wear, so I continued onto the nail polish remover.
Have you ever seen what fingernail polish remover does to things besides polish? I have seen firsthand how it destroys furniture (no, not mine but my sister in law ruined my mother in laws dresser).
Besides smelling up my kitchen, the remover left no sign that I had applied it to the label.

The label held up showing no signs of wear or scratching. Could it be that these labels can stand up to the abuse of a husband and children? Stay tuned for part 2 as we use the Brother P-Touch Labels in our home.  I am excited to see the durability as they are put to the test by the kids and husband. 













I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Brother P-Touch and received a product and gift card to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.

No comments: