Friday, August 5, 2011

'Cause I eats me spinach...




As soon as I saw these on Picky Palate, I just knew I had to make them. These have been a hit at our family parties, Super Bowl Parties, and our famous family appetizer night (this is where all we have are appetizers. We occasionally do these throughout the year because the kids love it but always on New Year’s Eve).

If you like spinach dip, or just spinach for that matter, these mini bread bowls are a sure thing.   


Baked Spinach Dip Mini Bread Bowls

Ingredients:
13.3 oz roll of refrigerated french bread loaf, I used Simply Pillsbury
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 Cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
3 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 Cup light sour cream
2 Tablespoons fresh shredded parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Ancho Chile Pepper
1/8 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Garlic Salt
1/8 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Sicilian Sea Salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray 10 muffin cups with non stick cooking spray.  Unroll package of french bread loaf and slice into 10 equal size slices, about 1 inch thick.  Press each slice into about a 3 inch round, I did this by pressing in between my hands.  Press into the bottom and up sides of the muffin cup.  Set aside.
2.  Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat.  Cook and stir spinach until wilted, about 3 minutes then add garlic, cook and stir for another minute then turn heat off.
3.  Place cream cheese, sour cream, cooked spinach and garlic, Parmesan Cheese, Ancho Chili Powder, garlic salt, salt and pepper into a medium bowl.  Mix until well combined.  With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dip into each of the centers of bread bowls.  Top evenly with shredded cheese and bake for 15-17 minutes until just turning brown on edges.  Remove and let cool for 3-5 minutes before removing from oven.
10 mini spinach dip bread bowls


15 comments:

Blissful & Domestic said...

Oh my yumminess! These look delish! I would love for you to link these up to my Feature Friday link up.

www.blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

Rachel @ Little Kitchen, Big Bites said...

omg those look delish!

a joyful noise said...

We love spinach and dip too so here you have it all!

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

I love Spinach Dip...these look so yummy and what great appetizers for a party. Thanks for the recipe, these will be tried soon. Visiting you from Show and Tell Friday. Would invite you to visit with me anytime!!

Rose @ Walnut Acre said...

These look wonderuful! I love spinach.

Winelady Cooks said...

What a great appetizer - everyone will love this so I'll just have to try them.

Thanks so much for sharing,
Joanne

Jamie said...

Very Yummy!
~JamieS

Run DMT said...

I would eat every last one. YUM!

I co-host a weekly foodie meme called Friday Food Fight. I would love for you to link up and share your yummy mini spinach bowls. Hope to see you in the ring.

http://deniseisrundmt.com/2011/08/05/mojo-in-my-mojo-marinade/

Adrianne Surian said...

These look SO DELICIOUS! I would love you to stop by and link up at my Freestyle Friday party!

happyhourprojects.blogspot.com

Happy to be your newest follower ~ Adrianne

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Oh, yummy. I will be making this.

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

Oh my goodness... these look amazing! I always make spinach dip for parties (bc I love it) but am getting really bored with it. This is a wonderful way to mix it up! I would love for you to link your post up at my Savvy HomeMade blog party on Monday at HomeSavvyAtoZ.com.

P.S. I am a follower!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

These look wonderful. I pinned these for future reference! Thanks for linking up to this week's BFF!

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

I love spinach and these look so yummy! will be trying to make some very sooner, all i need to do now is convert my husband! LOL

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know that this will be featured at this weekend's link party. Make sure you come check it out. Thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

These sound SO tasty!!! So much so we featured your recipe today from the Fancy This Fridays link up!! :) Hope you'll check it out and grab a button! http://trulylovelywiththelaneysisters.blogspot.com/2011/08/fancy-this-features-36-37.html