Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chef Boyardee For a Quick & Delicious Family Dinners



I have probably said it on here a million times, as a working mom with an hour commute (each way) we try to serve healthy meals but it is so very difficult with limited time. It is also important to us that we sit down to eat together as a family.  Because of such limited time, I am always on the lookout for quick, delicious meals that we can cook.

One brand we turn to, that I am positive everyone is familiar with, is Chef Boyardee. Most of us recall eating this as kids ourselves and now we can share this with our kids. It is a brand that I know and trust. I had often turned to Chef Boyardee to serve for quick, healthy lunches. I recently found the Chef Boyardee recipe site. That right! Tasty meals that you can make using Chef Boyardee products. 


After we checked out the site together, the recipe we decided to try first was Ravioli Lasagna using Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli. Total time, including prep and cooking is only 30 minutes. The recipe, using only 6 ingredients (plus black pepper, but you should have that on hand), includes the healthy ingredients of spinach, diced tomatoes, and cottage cheese. 



The whole family loved the dish and hubby and I liked the quick prep and cook time. Thirty minutes total works great for us! Since this dish worked out so well, we wanted to try another. Hubby reaaaaally wanted to try the Chili-roni so I agreed. 



The Chili-roni is equally quick and healthy. Total prep and cook time is only 25 minutes and includes the healthy ingredients of tomatoes and beans. This one is made with Chef Boyardee Beefaroni, one I had never tried but it was quite tasty. 








These recipes are so great tasting that we, and that includes the kids, cannot wait to try the rest of the recipes! With the Chef Boyardee recipe low prep and cook times, we will have some really great go-to recipes for those nights we are strapped for time. 








Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Chef Boyardee and received a gift card to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate. 

No comments: