Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How I Keep Brown Sugar Soft #kitchen #moms #cooking




We purchased, well not really… We are avid couponers and got a lot of brown sugar for free during a deal. As you know, once you open it it tends to harden rather quickly. What is my tip for keeping brown sugar soft?

Many years ago, as a new wife, I was told to use the slice of bread method. As a blogger, we learn tried and true tips from those generous enough to share and our methods change due to this valuable information. The new way? Use marshmallows!

The marshmallows keeping the brown sugar perfect and ready for use. Try it! You will never go back to the bread method!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Great idea! I would have never thought of that.
Thanks!
Heather

Unknown said...

Just stick marshmallows in with it? I've never heard of either method--but I'm anxious to try! I just want to make sure I try the right way =)

~Carolyn
Cookin’ for my Captain

Marianne said...

Wow! I never would have thought of that. Thanks for a great tip!

Lovely Light said...

Hi there- found you through the hop and am a new follower. They don't sell American Brown Sugar here, so I have been debating about making a big batch or make it as needed. Thanks for the tip. (BTW- all the marshmallows come in large pink and white, no minis here)I hope you have time to follow my life in South Africa by http://withoutcomplexities.blogspot.com

I hope you have a great week!