Monday, August 15, 2011

One Minute Peanut Butter Cake



Hubby really wanted dessert last night after dinner and requested cake. Normally I am the one with the sweet tooth (I still am.lol) But, due to trying to lose the weight I have packed on, there was no way I wanted to chance making an entire cake. An entire cake that he'd probably eat one or two pieces and I would be forced (yeah, someone is holding a gun to my head) to eat the rest. So, remembering I'd seen a one minute cake on Pinterest, I went in search of it to treat the hubby. I stupidly forgot to take pictures, so I am borrowing hers to illustrate what took place.



So, the recipe comes from Cassie over at Back to Her Roots. She says this cake can be made in one minute  and that consists of 30 seconds mixing and 30 seconds in the miscrowave). We'll see. She did also make a good point. This is an excellent option when you need to focus on portion control.

I have to say that this cake wowed him! It took me no time at all to whip it up after he said how nice a cake would be and he said it was quite tasty and this should be on the keeper list! I love that there isn't a cake sitting around to tempt me.

Oh, and she also has a 90 Second Nutella Cake. I will have that one, one day. Love Nutella.








One Minute Peanut Butter Cake


Serves One

Ingredients:


  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 heaping tablespoon flour
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon milk
  • 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (give or take)

Directions:

  1. In a small bowl, whisk together egg, brown sugar, baking powder, peanut butter and flour.
  2. Pour batter into a greased ramekin. Microwave for 30 seconds.
  3. While the cake is microwaving, stir together milk and powdered sugar, adding more powdered sugar if necessary to thicken frosting.
  4. Remove cake from ramekin (or don’t), pour frosting over top.



Where I link up:


Beauty and Bedlam


Photobucket
Post a Comment