Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What’s Your Favorite Cookbook?




Welcome! 
I'm glad you've stopped by! If you're new, never miss a beat…subscribe for free updates. Subscribe via RSS to updates in your favorite feed reader, or via email. Thanks for stopping by!

Because of my busy schedule (family, career, blog, home, etc) I like to keep a few go-to recipes and cookbooks nearby.  Last night, in the hunt for some new recipes, I discovered just how many cookbooks I own. I never thought of myself as a cookbook collector but my husband would say otherwise. In fact, he will often say “Ok, you have enough’.  He thinks I have one bookshelf filled with cookbooks. However, what he doesn’t know is that there are other ‘hidden’ areas with more. What is wonderful is that we have passed on our love of food and cooking to our kids. They will pull the cookbook they like and make something great. So, I ask you, how could I ever get rid of any?

So, as I have decided to get back to our What’s Cooking Wednesdays and can’t wait to see what fabulous recipes you post, I ask you several questions:
Do you collect cookbooks?
How many do you own? 
If you have a favorite, which one?
(P.S. Mine is the Betty Crocker Cookbook and I just love Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks)

For What’s Cooking Wednesday, I have simple rules. Add a recipe link, linking directly to your recipe post and not your main blog URL, and as always a link back is great.


What’s Cooking Wednesday:

21 comments:

Jade Cahoon said...

Hey There! Thanks so much for the invite over - I love linky parties!! Yay! I'm your newest follower and look forward to partying in the future! :) Have a great week!
Jade @ Sweet Baby {Mason} James

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to say hi! I so appreciate the invitation to join in this blog hop! My favorite cookbooks are from Ina Garten and also the ones from America's test kitchen. So much good food!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Denise,
I do collect cookbooks and I have to many to count. I have a special bookcase just for my cookbooks. My favorite is our family cookbook that I published, it is a great go to for all our family favorites. Thank you so much for inviting me to your party and thanks for hosting!
Miz Helen

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the invite! Happy new follower hope you follow me back.

Amy J. and Tiffanie A. said...

Hi There!! We are your newest followers say you on "This chick can cook!"

Love,
http://chickswholovetoeat.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

Thanks for the link party! I don't collect cookbooks and my favorite one is a Good Housekeeping Baking one. This has the BEST baking recipes(I love baking) and other baking cookbooks can't compare.

SnoWhite said...

I've tried to link up my recipe, but it seems I can't ... the "click here to enter" doesn't allow me to click!

Here's my recipe:

http://joyinmykitchen.blogspot.com/2011/08/sweetened-condensed-milk-ice-cream.html

SnoWhite said...

I got it! had to click somewhere else, but the ice cream is now posted :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for inviting me over! I'm a new follower!

Ellen said...

Thanks for the invite! I love finding new recipes. Favorite cookbook is the Betty Crocker 1968 edition.

Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower. ~ Ellen

Jo-Anna@APrettyLife said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I linked up my Zucchini Bread! Have a great week
Jo-Anna

Anita Rowe Stafford said...

Denise, thank you for the invitation. I have linked up Citrus Blueberry Muffins, Buttery Herbed Chicken, and Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins. My favorite cookbook is called Blueberry Bistro, it's a ccokbook I put together of my collection of blueberry recipes.

MsFoxsSweets said...

Thanks for inviting me over. I tried to link up my Cherry Coca-Cola Zero Cupcakes, I too am having a problem getting it to show up.
To answer your question, I have around 15 cookbooks/idea type books. They are mostly cupcake books. I have so many favorite, but to just pick one I would say the "Betty Crocker Big Book of Cupcakes", but my favorite go to cookbook for regular food is "How to Cook Everything".

MsFoxsSweets said...

Now it showed up 3 times, can you please delete the other 2. It seems today I am very technically challenges, I am having problems with all my computer/cell phone electronics! The oven works though...I hope...havent tried it today!

rebecca @ beurrista said...

thanks for the invite! i cook a lot from cook's illustrated.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite! I hope you visit my new real food carnival FAT TUESDAY!

Pup Fan said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and inviting me to join in. So fun! My favorite cook books are probably the ones from America's Test Kitchen, but I'm always adding new ones to my collection!

Rene said...

Thanks for the invite! It is nice to "meet" you. I almost never use cookbooks, but I do have a few. I do enjoy reading cookbooks, but mainly I look at recipes online.

Unknown said...

Favourite cookbook, hmmmm...right now I'm addicted to Donna Hay's "Seasons". Cam't get enough of those beautiful photos and easy ideas.

Becky McNeer said...

thanks for inviting me! Please stop by Foodie Friday to link up as well!
And you know what's terrible? I only own a few cookbooks b/c I look everything up online! I do really enjoy Stuffed Cougar Too.
http://www.homesandbabies.com
http://notyourordinaryrecipes.blogspot.com

The Farm Girl said...

Thanks for inviting me over! What a fun blog :)