Monday, October 10, 2011

Yum-Yum chicken bone...







This weekend I was on a fall kick…wanting to see the leaves change, go to a pumpkin patch, pick our own apples and bake pies with them, all the things we did when we lived in the midwest but most cannot be done in South Florida. I wanted a fall friendly meal but I also wanted easy. While we have many things to do over the weekend (laundry, cleaning, etc), family time is of the utmost importance. We enjoy a good meal and eat all our meals together but none of us want to be stuck in the kitchen all day. I am always on the lookout for great tasting easy meals (feel free to send me your favorites!) that take little time or can be cooked in a crockpot. So, I came across this recipe for Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches and had filed it away. Hubby was wanting hot wings and I was not going to be spending my day over a fryer and I certainly wasn’t ordering them in. Have you seen the prices of wings in restaurants? So, Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches to the rescue.
Oh my gosh, if you have not had these and like hot wings, please try this for an easy weeknight meal. 





Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

Ingredients

·         4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
·         1 (17.5 fluid ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce, divided
·         1/2 (1 ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
·         2 tablespoons butter
·         6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise

Directions

1.  Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker, and pour in 3/4 of the wing sauce and the ranch dressing mix. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours.
2.  Once the chicken has cooked, add the butter, and shred the meat finely with two forks. Pile the meat onto the hoagie rolls, and splash with the remaining buffalo wing sauce to serve.




ENJOY!



AFI LYRICS
"Chicken Song"