Our family will be taking the Listerine Oral Care Challenge! Through my affiliation with Mom Central, I’m awaiting a great box of Listerine products for myself and my family to use. As oral care is very important to us, we thought it important to spread the word!
Two great Listerine items that we already use for our children's oral care is:
LISTERINE® AGENT COOL BLUE® is a pre-brush tinting rinse. Used before brushing, it tints teeth blue so kids pay attention when cleaning their teeth; giving kids a sense of accomplishment that they are doing a good job and reinforcing the positive behavior.
- Tints teeth blue so children pay more attention to cleaning
- Makes brushing fun
- Helps your kids develop proper oral care habits
- Provides 12-hour cavity protection*
- Strengthens teeth 99% better than brushing alone*
- The MAGNETIC CLEANING ACTION™ works like a magnet to attract what brushing may miss*
The "October Oral Care Challenge" was intended for kids 6 and older. To complete the challenge, you and your child need to begin a routine of brushing, flossing and rinsing every day, twice a day for two weeks. This is key to building a strong foundation of good oral care habits and a great time for bonding while doing it together!
While this is intended for 6 and older, now is the time to start a routine regardless of your child's age! Once you establish a routine, it isn’t hard and just becomes a normal way of life. Since the kids are home for the holidays, this is an excellent time to start the routine, and with all those treats, you will want to make sure they are establishing good oral care habits!
To learn more about good oral care, run by Listerine and get more information. Plus, as an added bonus, you can get started right now with a $1 off printable coupon on their site!
Now, you may have established a routine for yourself, but we can always learn something we may be missing. While we are teaching the kids better habits, we can learn a little something as well. Listerine can help with us as well!
ORAL CARE TIPS
For a Cleaner, Healthier Mouth
A WHOLE MOUTH CLEAN™ IS AS EASY AS 1.BRUSHING + 2.FLOSSING + 3™.RINSINGYou know the drill. You brush twice a day, you floss (some of the time), and you rinse—but occasionally you forget. You do many of the things you know are good for a healthy mouth. But you can do better! All it takes are small changes to your routine.
Here are a few other simple things you can do to get a healthier mouth:
- Replace your toothbrush every three or four months. Sooner if the bristles are frayed. A worn toothbrush won't do as good job of cleaning your teeth. Keep a few extra toothbrushes, like REACH® Fresh & Clean, on hand so you can easily swap the old for the new.
- Visit your dentist twice a year for professional cleanings and oral exams. The more you go, the healthier your mouth will be–and those visits will seem less daunting.
- Keep your bottle of LISTERINE® Antiseptic in a visible spot* in the bathroom so you don't forget to rinse. Rinsing with LISTERINE® twice a day was shown in a clinical study to help reduce 52% more plaque and 21% more gingivitis than brushing and flossing alone. That's important when you consider that the majority of adult Americans get gingivitis in their lives–and don't even know it.
- Limit foods that are high in sugar. If you do give in to your sweet tooth, eat sugary foods with meals. Your mouth produces more saliva during meals, which helps neutralize acid production and rinses food particles from your mouth.
- Limit between-meal snacks. You know the ones. They call to you from the vending machine. If you indulge, chew sugarless gum afterward. It increases saliva flow and helps wash out food and acid that causes tooth decay.
- Maintain a healthy oral care routine. Make it a goal this week to brush and rinse twice in one day, and floss once. We'll bet that extra 30 seconds of swishing will make your mouth so clean and healthy you'll love the feeling. So you'll do it again the next day.
And a healthier body:
- Exercise regularly, in addition to maintaining a healthy oral care routine. LISTERINE® Antiseptic can help keep your mouth fit. Fit in workouts when you can to keep your body fit, too.
- Eat a balanced diet, rich in fruits, vegetables, and protein. Avoiding those sugary foods isn't just good for your teeth, it's good for your health.
How about you and your family?
Won't you take part in the challenge?
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Listerine and received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.