While looking for new holiday recipes to try, I came across this recipe for Chocolate Peppermint Roll on Bakers Royale.I decided to test this on the family prior to the holiday to avoid any mishaps. While I have made Pumpkin Rolls, I just wanted to be sure this would pass muster. Let me tell you, pass it did! This was raved about. In fact, I had one for the family and one for some friends to get a wider perspective. They all requested the recipe! I have the feeling this one will become an annual addition to the holiday menu!
Chocolate Peppermint Roll
Serves 8 people
For the chocolate genoise recipe, click here.
Peppermint Buttercream Frosting.
- 12 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- ½ cup chopped Peppermint andes
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth.
Chocolate Pouring Sauce
- 2/3 cups dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- 4-5 tablespoons water, warm
1. Place chocolate and heavy cream in a bowl over simmering water. Let chocolate and cream sit for 2-3 minutes to melt without stirring. Then slowly stir mixture to combine. Add powdered sugar and mix to combine. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing after each addition until pouring consistency is reached. Set aside and let sauce cool to warm.
- Unroll Genoise and spread filling to a 1/4 inch in thickness. Roll filled cake from end to end. Trim ends as needed for a clean finish.
- Place fully assembled roll on a serving plate (or on a cooling rack for a cleaner pouring finish) and pour chocolate on top.
- Finish with peppermint Andes shavings.