Sunday, November 1, 2015

Meal Plan

It is very important that you eat 6 small meals per day.  This helps you to keep your blood sugar levels steady.  It also helps you body maintain its muscle mass and fuels your body for your daily activities.  Always eat breakfast within 1 hour of rising!  And more importantly ALWAYS EAT BREAKFAST!  Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  It starts your metabolism and gets your body ready for the activities you have to do during the day.  If you are not losing weight it could be because you are not eating a healthy breakfast.


Image result for oatmealBreakfast
I start my morning with lemon water. I get a large glass of warm water and squeeze 1/2 fresh lemon into it.  This is before I eat.  This helps cleanse your body, improves digestion, and helps the body shed toxins.  Lemon water is a natural diuretic.  Typically for breakfast I eat oatmeal.  My usual recipe is: 1/2 cup oatmeal prepared oatmeal. I add 1-2 tablespoons Buff Bake Almond Butter or Peanut Butter. I have several varieties and this helps prevent boredom with the oatmeal. Sometimes I add fruit.

About 2- 2 1/2 hours later I have my mid morning snack:
Any one of these options:
  •  20 grapes and 1 low fat string cheese.
  • 2 plain (no added salt) whole wheat rice cakes with 1 tbsp all natural nut butter and 2 tbsp raisins.
  • 2 tbsp low fat roasted red pepper hummus from costco and carrots and celery.
  • 1/2 cup plain (no fruit) greek yogurt with fresh berries on top with a drizzle of honey or agave nectar and a scant handful of raw unsalted slivered almonds.


Lunch 
Chocolate ToppFast Shake with 1 tbsp of all natural almond butter (often Buff Bake), 1 cup skim milk.  I blend mine. Super Yummy!


Afternoon snack
ToppFast Vanilla shake blended with 1 cup water, ice and frozen fruit in a blender! I purchase the fruit fresh and freeze in baggies ready to go. 

Dinner
Lean meat, usually chicken or fish and some sort and veggies.  I use a lot of sweet potatoes and quinoa.  Check out my eating clean recipes for more ideas.


Snack
If I am still hungry in the evenings I will have 1/2 cup greek yogurt with fresh fruit and a dab of honey!  Green tea to drink!  Green tea has these awesome natural antioxidants that help to fight off hunger and shed your body of toxins!  


No comments: