Monday, December 6, 2010

My New Favorite Place


Our weekend went great, but I am just not getting done all that I need to get done as far as Christmas and time is getting away from us. Saturday was a beautiful day here in Sunny Florida and we took a small road trip. Since we work in a corporate environment, hubby must wear dress clothes and as he is tall, we buy his attire at HAGAR because they can accommodate his height. However, as all of them closed in our vicinity, this means we must drive about 1 1/2 hours to Orlando. I also planned an excursion to their Ikea. While most of you are familiar with them and have been able to visit one, this was our first time. I have to say that I was not prepared for HOW LONG you need to be there. It’s like visiting an amusement park.
Welcome!
Let me tell you, we did not make it through the whole store. At one point we looked at the time and it was 4p.m. We determined we needed to get back home and would make another trip out, coming early and not rushing.
KARBY Rug, flatwoven beige, brown Length: 6 ' 3 " Width: 4 ' 4 "  Length: 190 cm Width: 133 cm  LEKPLATS Play mat multicolor Length: 4 ' 7 " Width: 4 ' 4 " Pile coverage: 0.88 oz/sq ft Max. pile length: 0 "  Length: 140 cm Width: 133 cm Pile coverage: 270 g/m² Max. pile length: 3 mm  I have decided this is my absolute favorite store. I have heard comments from people who feel their items are not well made and others that people love their stuff. We purchased 2 under cabinets lighting sets, 1 Expedit shelving unit, 2 baskets, 2 living room rugs, 1 child’s rug (looks like a town and you can drive cars on it), several candles, and there may be more but my mind is blank. I shopped all weekend and it’s beginning to run together.
EXPEDIT Shelving unit black-brown Width: 35 " Depth: 15 3/8 " Height: 58 5/8 " Max load/shelf: 29 lb  Width: 89 cm Depth: 39 cm Height: 149 cm Max load/shelf: 13 kg
I had a plan for the Expedit shelving unit and, once we were home, I had hubby put it together immediately. Now that I have taken the time to arrange it in the living room, and then pushed it a step further by taking a picture of them, I am embarrassed by how proud I am of this selection. You see, I had wanted a sofa table and didn’t want to buy anything to fancy or expensive because I don’t want to worry about knicks with the kids. I want them to be able to play without yelling to not scratch it. I had held off buying one at Target or Wal-Mart because they just didn’t have what I wanted. This is the reason, when we bought a new couch recently, that I selected leather. I didn’t want to worry about leaking sippy cups, etc. They wipe right up. I flipped it on it's side to become a sofa table and I love the way the Expedit looks! 

I spent the rest of the day on Saturday free from the pressure of having to get work done, and spending quality time with my family. That night we hung out in the living room catching up on all the Christmas movies that I haven't been able to watch because I have such limited time.
Sunday, I played catch up with cleaning, laundry and further Christmas shopping. I even purchased all new Christmas ornaments that are unbreakable. No worries with the kiddos! It was a whirlwind day. 





6 comments:

Regina said...

Sounds like you have a VERY enjoyable weekend. You needed it!!

Sofa tables...I have one that my Dad made years ago. He didn't actually make it as a sofa table..he used it in his shop but it's one now ^_^ Well, it is a Christmas village stand at the moment.

Hugs,
Regi

Barbara said...

I love the Orlando IKEA! We live in Brevard County, and drive over there to that store at least once every one to two months. Alot of our storage items are from there! Most of our son's bedroom is from IKEA!

Cheryl D. said...

IKEA is so much fun!

Unknown said...

You are right-Ikea is a treat whenever we visit. I love how they set up mini rooms to showcase the cool stuff with good ideas. I want to move right in. :)
Rosemary

ps. my husband and sons are tall too (6'8") We shop at George Richards.

Catherine L. said...

I don't get to do much shopping these days at Ikea, but when I do go my friends and I end up there for hours. Like all stores I've had some hits and misses with Ikea.

Becca said...

I like IKEA, but it is too overwhelming for me to visit frequently!