Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Let's Make It: {Creatively Displaying Seaside Mementos}



“If you are like me, summertime is a beloved season. Kiddies are out of school, things are a little less routine, room is made in the schedule for pool time and beach trips. We like going to the movies too (have you seen Pirates 4 yet? loved it). Family vacations, outdoor activities, BBQ's, and a host of other too fun activities are in full swing. Of course my summer is going a little different, I've still got a little way to recover from my recent surgery, but at least I am feeling more creative. So maybe you'll be inspired to create some keepsakes out of your vacation mementos. While shopping at the Goodwill not too long ago, I bought a whole bag of embroidery hoops, all sizes in wood and metal for a whopping 1.49. So you may have some of these on hand, or found some old ones too, and of course, they still sell the wooden ones new. I used two of the metal ones, which were my faves, and happen to fit a sand dollar and star fish I had. I have only been lucky enough to find a whole sand dollar on the beach once. Plenty of shells and stones, just never sand dollars. So if your luck is like mine, craft stores and even Walmart (or Wally-mart as Logan calls it) has a great selection. You'll need a little bit of fabric too, I had this fabric left over from my inspiration board project and thought it looked great with this project. I think osnaburg fabric would be pretty too.”



 I use it so that it seems different.”

To see the full post, click below:






 



Two ways to keep up with the latest  features: "Like" our page on Facebook and follow us on TwitterCheck out our Deal Site:Sensible Shoppers and DIY blog: Extreme Measures.







No comments: