Friday, August 5, 2011

All Wrapped Up



Many years ago, my husband came home from work after having these gems at an office Pig-Out, and had already run  to the store to grab the ingredients and tells me that I have to try these. Well, the rest in history! We have had these at several dinner parties and all holiday parties! They are raved over and requested. They are truly addictive.

While they are delightful as is, many of us have weight and health concerns. I can attest that the taste is equally delightful using Sweet and Low Brown Sugar! I, however, cannot help with the bacon and Lil Smokies. They just would not be the same substituted.

Bacon-Wrapped Li'l Smokies

Ingredients:
1 lb Li'l Smokies
12 oz center-cut bacon
1/3 cup brown sugar

Directions:
Open smokies and blot dry. Line a cookie sheet with foil. I suggest not skipping this step because the bacon creates a lot of grease and the brown sugar hardens to the tray.
Cut bacon into thirds. Wrap one cut piece of bacon around the smokie and poke a toothpick into the smokie where the bacon meat to keep in place.
Place the bacon-wrapped Smokies onto the foil-lined sheet pan.  Continue with the rest of the bacon and Smokies. Once tray is filled, sprinkle brown sugar over the bacon wrapped smokies.
Bake the Smokies for about 35 minutes or until they are lightly brown on top and the bacon looks cooked. Immediately transfer the Smokies to your serving dish or hot plate set on low to keep warm.






2 comments:

Maggie Lamarre said...

oooh I've not hat them will try it w/smoke wood bacon...
I will be honored if you will add this project in our weekly linking party every Wednesdays at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/my-inner-baker-with-linking-party.html
Have a great week,
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Debbie said...

Love your blog and all these yummy, yummy recipes. I'm following your blog from the Mingle Monday hop. Have a super day.