Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Little Princess is 24 weeks

Note: I didn't have a chance to update due to Little Man's Birthday...

Dear Momma,


I am growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. I am just over a pound now. I am almost a foot long but filling out proportionally. My brain is also growing quickly now, and my taste buds are continuing to develop. My lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help my air sacs inflate once I hit the outside world. My skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. I can hear you sing to me and like that very much. 


Your baby girl

2 comments:

Miranda Ward said...

Hi! I'm from FMBT, If you Haven't Already Please Follow Back

Miranda

http://mommaissweeping.blogspot.com

Mayra said...

How sweet! Glad she's growing healthy. =]