Thursday, November 18, 2010

HOLIDAY HELPS: Duncan Hines Decadent Cakes and Glazes

DuncanHines



I love to make treats for my family, so when the opportunity presented itself to review the new Duncan Hines Decadent Cakes and Glazes line, I literally jumped at the chance! They were generous enough to send  me a box of Decadent Apple Caramel cake mix, the Triple cake mix and both two Amazing Glazes.  WOW! They are simple yet take boxed mixes to a whole new level!

If you enjoy baking, and want the best cakes ever, run and check out their website.  They have included the directions (of course, also found on the box), nutrition facts and ingredients. The Apple Caramel Cake Mix includes a Includes a pouch with real apples and creamy caramel so you can bake an over-the-top cake, all with one box. This cake contains zero trans fats and no hydrogenated oils. You'll also find they include recipes to further change up that same mix and make some other decadent treats, such as: Apple Caramel Bars, Apple Caramel Biscotti Bars, and more. 
 Apple Caramel Decadent Cake Mix
Classic Carrot Decadent Cake Mix BoxTriple Chocolate Decadent Cake Mix Box
They do the same for both the Triple Chocolate Cake Mix and the Classic Carrot Decadent Cake Mix. For these, they have also included many great treats to change up those mixes. 


Want a change from the same old frostings? Their fabulous glazes are the answer! All you do is microwave for 35 seconds, remove from the microwave, replace cap, shake, the pour over your dessert. Easy Peasy! Can you imagine the fabulous holiday desserts to be made with these!

 Triple Chocolate Decadent Cake Mix
Photo of Featured Amazing Glazes ProductsWe had made these for an evening that we'd had friends over. They were easy and the house smelled fabulous. The friends thought they were made from scratch! I pictured those movies where they act like they made it and don't tell the secret. Ha Ha Ha. No, I didn't keep the secret all to myself. I shared my secret at the end of the evening. I had to show them the box because they didn't believe it! We haven't used the glazes yet, however, if the cake mixes are any indication, they will also be delightful. My thought is to see what I can come up with to serve for Thanksgiving to utilize them. I will update you later on this. I make a lot of treats and give trays of cookies and bars for the holidays and this year I will be utilizing these mixes and using the recipes on their site. This is a great option for those of you with limited time. They will taste fantastic and be quick. 



HAPPY HOLIDAYS

No comments: