Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Curried Chicken Salad


 Last night we had many errands to run and every time we do, it seems we eat out. This gets way too expensive for my taste. Well, we passed the rotisserie chicken and I remembered seeing a recipe in Pinterest that I had saved that called for leftover chicken. I typically have most of the ingredients on hand, so all I needed was the chicken.

To make it, I simply cut up the chicken into bite-size cubes and then added ingredients that I already had in the house: yogurt, mayo, etc.

The curried chicken salad sandwiches were delicious, took very little time nor effort to make, and cost much less than if we’d eaten out. Additionally, it saved us on the cost of eating lunch out today, as we had brought the leftovers in. I quite liked the taste after the flavors melded overnight.




Curried Chicken Salad


  
Ingredients:
(left-over) chicken
2 iceberg lettuce leaves
1/2 medium carrot
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp yogurt
1/4 tsp mustard powder
1/4 heaping tsp curry powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 onion powder
1/2 sweet apple
1 spring onion
1 oz cheese
flat-leaf parsley
pepper
salt


Kay’s Recipe Card

Click here for printable size.


2 comments:

Audrey said...

What a great recipe!
will definitely save this one, Love chicken salad sandwiches :)

sweetjeanette said...

what a gorgeous digital recipe card!!! There's a tea room I visit often that has curried chicken salad sandwiches (actually it's only "finger"...I'd love to have the whole sandwich of this!) and this sounds a lot like it. What they do to "doll it up" is coat the edges with a super-thin layer of mayo and roll the edges in chopped pistachio nuts. It's the most requested item on the menu!