Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Decorative Roller Shades


I thought roller shades were something my Grandma used. Other than a Grandparents house, I haven't seen them in years! While looking at Southern Living.com for crockpot recipes, I came across this online article by Anne Carroll Turner and Jennifer Kopf on Stenciled Window Shades.




I set off to see who else was making stenciled roller shades amd came across Martha Stewart's Stenciled Roller Shades. She also has tips on applying your own banding to a roller shade or adding ribbon to a roller shade.



All of these sites give instruction, however I also came across Buckingham Stencils who also give further, more in-depth instruction to add more colors, etc.They also have a great selection of stencils.

Here in Florida, the older homes have odd shaped windows so I will need to do some research to see if they make shades in my sizes.


Reminder:


I have a great giveaway going on from CSN stores for a set of Rachael Ray bakeware!









3 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a great idea! I haven't looked at this type of shade in years, but maybe it's time to revisit them. I wonder if a vinyl monogram or design would hold up to being rolled up and down?

extreme personal measures said...

Great idea. I hadn't thought of that!

TheCraftBarn said...

You have some great ideas on your blog! Following you back from Friday Follow!
Jennifer @
The Craft Barn
http://thecraftbarn-ny.blogspot.com