Monday, October 24, 2011

A Family Favorite...


 Believe me when I tell you that I am NOT the cook of the house. While I think that I can cook, and it is definitely edible, I do not LIKE to cook. I do, however, love to bake. I am blessed with a husband that missed his calling (being a chef). He makes fantastic meals that I wouldn’t even attempt. I do, however, like to give him a break so that he does not get burnt out from always being the one to cook and try to think of something.
I have a few go-to staples that I enjoy making because they are easy and my family likes them. One of them is a recipe that has been passed through my family for many, many years. It is called Chicken Londoff. I made this over the weekend so my hubby could have a day off from the kitchen. While you will see it is easy as you read it, believe me when I tell you it tastes great and this is a requested meal (that I am willing to cook…lol).

Chicken Londoff
Ingredients
6 Chicken breast halves
6 slices Swiss cheese or 1 c grated swiss cheese
1 can Cream of chicken soup
1/2 c Cooking sherry
2 cups Peppridge Farm herb stuffing
1 stick Butter or margarine

Preparation
Place the six chicken breast halves on bottom of 9x13" pan sprayed with Pam.
Top chicken with swiss cheese.
Mix cream of chicken soup and cooking sherry and pour over the chicken.
Spread herb stuffing evenly over soup mixture and drizzle melted margerine (or squeeze margerine) over stuffing.
Bake at 350F for one hour.

Cook's Notes:
This recipe can be very budget friendly, in fact I adjusted it just this weekend. The chicken breasts were purchased on a deal, for the cooking sherry we use the cheapest jug of white wine and I picked up the rest of the ingredients at our Dollar Tree! They have swiss slices in the refrigerator and for the stuffing I used the turkey flavored boxed stuffing they carried!

 Two ways to keep up with the latest  features: "Like" our page on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

No comments: