Friday, June 10, 2011

Let's Make It: {Copycat Pottery Barn Cube}


{Copycat Pottery Barn Cube}


“Around Christmas time last year, I came across a twill cube ottoman in Pottery Barn. It wasn't anything eccentric or gorgeous, but its simplicity won me over and I almost bought the thing more than once. Thankfully I came to the conclusion that I didn't need to spend $100 on an oversized cube that I had no place for. 
Over time, the perfect cube slipped my mind. That is until its outdoor twin debuted in the Spring Pottery Barn catalog. This one costing $159. I knew I wasn't going to make the purchase but that didn't stop me from dreaming about it. 
I'm usually always thinking of ways to make a copy-cat version of expensive items that I yearn for, but for some reason, it never crossed my mind that I could easily create a replica of the PB cushion. Then it hit me. When I was making the plush baby blocks for one of my friends who is expecting, I realized the blocks were tiny versions of my beloved cube. 



  To see the full post, click below:





Please grab a featured button






Two ways to keep up with the latest  features: "Like" our page on Facebook and follow us on TwitterCheck out our Deal Site:Sensible Shoppers and DIY blog: Extreme Measures.





No comments: