Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Ball of Energy


Little Man is at that stage where he exhibits frustration from his inability to communicate what he wants and when he doesn’t get what he wants. He will point at something and scream. And when we didn't know what he is wanting, he'll just scream louder, except this time he will bang his head in frustration. This is at a time when he cannot afford any more head bruising. He trips over his own feet and toys and keeps bruising the same spot. We tell him to walk. Yeah, like he’s going to listen. He's having fun.
I want to have a shirt made that says, “You should see the other guy”.
I also joke that I want to put a helmet on to protect his head.
The screaming is all the time. It often is a happy, communicative scream. Almost sing songy. Oh boy, but when he is mad, the scream takes on an evil ring. I see in my mind a horror movie, the voice takes on the evil tone and his head spins.
What I love the most is when he wants to play and be chased. He is very smart. He will go over to something that he knows he shouldn’t touch. Point to it with a sparkle of mischievousness in his eye that looks as if he is saying “What are you going to do about it?”
Personally, I love every minute of it. He is a ball of energy. I just wish he’d share that energy with me and I wouldn’t have to invest so much in energy drinks. 



1 comment:

Karla said...

Funny story! I can tell he keeps you running!