Sunday, February 7, 2010

Saturdays Thrift Store Finds

Saturday we hit our 4 Goodwill stores, a Salvation Army store and another charity thrift shop.
Woo-Hoo!!! I feel like I hit the jackpot! What do you all think?

Photobucket
There are 2!
I feel like these are going to be beauties when I am done! They were marked $25 each. The caning is coming out and would need replacing and the stain shows it's wear. Do I need to mention the color?
The manager was walking by and I asked if she would negotiate. She said "How about $30 for both and there is a coupon up front for $5 off $20?"
LOVE IT!
I know I saw someone who had shown a redo of this on their blog and now I cannot find it!
This is my first furniture redo.
If anyone has suggestions, let me know. I want to pop out the caning and paint the chair black. I will probably do some sort of black material.

And how about this one?

I think this one will be nice also.
Photobucket
My daughter loves this one so I want to redo it for her.
I will also pop out the caning and paint it black.
We also found a lot of candlesticks and platters to make cake stands. I will post some photos later.
Do you recall the candleholders? I featured from Life as Lori.
Photobucket
We stopped at the Dollar Tree and purchased the supplies and made these(without the monogram). We also bought the short bowls and made those too! I will post photos soon. It was a great weekend with great deals!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi! I'm following back from Sits through your comment on my blog!
Our family *loves* thrift stores, too! Looks like you got some *really* fun deals. And they will look great when you are done. I love the first chair--it would look wonderful in my LR. My daughter's going to love your site, as she's really into this, too:)
Blessings,
Wendy @ Faith's Firm Foundation

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

I've got a chair just like that same lovely color too?! Let me know what you do with it.
Thanks.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~