Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Laundry Rooms




Laundry Rooms



My laundry room is very utilitarian.



I walk in, WASH. EXIT. DRY. EXIT. I want to spend no more time than I have to.



I look at many of your laundry rooms and I want to move in. To the laundry room! I need a new one.



If you too have an ugly laundry room, you may want to check out the the laundry room over at
The House of Smiths.
It is a stunning laundry room. There isn’t a thing that I didn’t L.O.V.E. about it!



Photobucket



What I loved the most is
the ironing board holder.
This was just so creative!



Photobucket


Over at
320 Sycamore,
there is a tutorial on how to “reface” your laundry room cabinets. This is a great idea for those of us with laminate or melamine cabinets that want an update.



Photobucket



Can you believe this awesome transformation was done with WALLPAPER? Truly inspired!


15 comments:

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Stopping by from SITS. Wow, that is an awesome laundry room.

Melissa B. said...

I think I'd be able to accomplish more if I had a pretty laundry room like yours! Thanks so much for sharing this. SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did...

Alternative Assessment

Laura said...

Soooo nice! I LOVE it! The laundry room is one of my projects on the list for this year. I love the green on the walls. Very nice job!

Sueann said...

I totally love your laundry room!! Having that chandelier in there is genius! And the room color is marvelous! Great post!
Hugs
SueAnn

Magic Brush said...

I am a chandelier addict! My problem with my laundry room is that it is a laundry CLOSET! Behind two accordion doors. I have laundry room envy! Those pics were beautiful!

Stop by my painting/decorating blog sometime and say hello!

jennifer

jules said...

Wow, mine is truly boring after seeing these. I think I need an update!

LouAnneL said...

I might learn to enjoy doing laundry with a room like that! Actually, we SHOULD have a nicer laundry room. It's RIGHT off the living room and no door in between. It's an odd set up, but the way the previous owners had it and we've not yet done anything about it. :-|

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I'm sorry, but I had to delete your link from my party. If you'd like to include a link to my party in this post and include some photos of your own laundry room and/or some thoughts on your own progress, I'd be happy to have you link back up. Thanks!

Nicole said...

Seriously THAT was a laundry room! I loved my OLD one, this new one- YUCK!!!! I don't even get the wash part done:)

Gucci Mama said...

Makes me wish my washer and dryer weren't in the garage...

Debbiedoos said...

That is wonderful! It looks like a room you can actually hang out in, not do laundry! Very nice job!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I am loving the laundry room inspiration! Makes me want to start a new project! :)
~Jennifer
www.studiojru.com

Sandy said...

I so LoVe your laundry room... and the sign on the ironing board is perfect!!
Sandy

http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

Barbara Jean said...

I LOVE that first room!

see you soon

barbara jean

Melissa said...

I like that wash, dry, press, fold, repeat - and repeat and repeat... ;)