Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Let's Make It: {DIY Thrifted Cakeplate}


 I have seen cake plates
all over blog world,
but this one is right up my alley.
I love the effect once it has been painted.



“You've probably seen this type of project on many other blogs but here's my take on it. It’s a cake stand made using a plate and candlestick holder from the thrift shop.

I wanted to be a bit more decorative with mine so I found two plates with floral appliqués and little cutouts. I taped over the holes so that when I turned over the plates to paint them, paint wouldn't get on the surface area and I could still use them to serve food.”






To see the full post, click below:




{DIY Thrifted Cakeplate}





Please grab a featured button.




Two ways to keep up with the latest  features: "Like" our page on Facebook and follow us on TwitterCheck out our Deal Site:Sensible Shoppers and DIY blog: Extreme Measures.

No comments: