Monday, September 19, 2011

Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza Puffs



 With little ones around, I am always on the lookout for kid-friendly recipes. By kid-friendly, for me, that means:
·       appealing to them
·       little mess
·       easy for them to eat

As soon as I saw the Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza Puffs, I was sure they would be perfect! They loved them and I had little  cleanup. Perfect!




Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza Puffs


3/4 cup flour 
3/4 tsp baking powder 
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup whole milk 
1 egg, lightly beaten 
4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup) 
2 oz mini turkey pepperoni, (about 1/2 cup)
4 oz low-fat sausage, cooked and crumbled 
1/2 cup pizza sauce

Pre-heat your oven to 375°. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic powder and baking powder; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, sausage and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.

Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.

Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.








9 comments:

annies home said...

so yummy

Mamie said...

Sounds like this would be a winner with my kids.

Keli said...

this looks so easy to fix and quick to eat! Adding it to our meal plan :)

Mrs Happy Homemaker said...

Yes, please! :) I would love it if you shared it on Makin' You Crave Monday over at my blog, MrsHappyHomemaker.com!!

Miz Helen said...

I just love your little Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Puffs, we will really enjoy these. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great week!
Come Back Soon,
Miz Helen

Anonymous said...

My kids would love these... thanks for sharing the recipe!

Just Jaime said...

YUM! My husband would love these!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I just made these and they are yummy! I adapted the recipe to make it gluten-free and the puffs still came out great.

J Rodney said...

I think my kids would love these, thank you for sharing the recipe.

Thank you for participating in last week’s Wednesday Window @ Frugality Is Free. I hope you’ll stop by to link up your favorite blog post this week as well.