Monday, January 10, 2011

On The Cheap- Easy Budget Transformations: Ditch Your Dish Soap Bottle


Want a quick and easy budget transformation that has instant impact? Ditch your dish soap (and any other cleaners or hand soap) bottles on your kitchen sink! This is extremely budget friendly, coming in as low as $1. Often the dollar store carries olive oil bottles that can be simply filled with your favorite soaps and placed back on the counter. 




Look around with a creative eye and you are sure to find something unique that will look great on your counter, like these inspirations found on the net:


2009_04_27-Bottles.jpg

photo4


This makeover is instant and can be very inexpensive, as well as allowing you to buy soap in bulk (or even make your own soaps!) without having to lug out a giant jug of soap every time you need to wash dishes.



P.S.  Lisa asked "I wonder where you can buy those stoppers????"

These are available at kitchen supply stores, Target, Walmart and Bed,Bath, & Beyond. 

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I wonder where you can buy those stoppers????

Lisa said...

Thanks, I love old bottles and have many. I'm going to use them for something other than just to decorate with now!

Unknown said...

What a clever idea ... and so pretty! I also really like the idea of buying dish soap in the largest container that I can find ... currently I just reuse an old bottle but it's no where near as pretty as this idea. And if one got the stopper and used a bottle they already have ... well, that would be very Eco-friendly. Brilliant! :)

Kelsey Apley said...

My dad and I used to dig up old bottles and stuff and we have tons of them! This is a perfect idea! Thanks for sharing!!