Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sleep

I get very little sleep.

Between 3-5 hours.

I know the biggest reason for this is how much I cram into a day. The other reason is because women are worriers.



It is what we do.

It is who we are.



We try to go to bed but our head is filled with the thoughts of:

Did I do this…Did I do that…
Would it have been better if I had done it this way?

My day, like I said, is crammed full of “stuff”.
I get up at 4 a.m. and …
Do the bathroom routine
Make lunches for hubby and I
Fill the dogs water bowls
Quickly check e-mail
Quickly do roll call for SITS
Start blog post
Leave a note for my son for whatever I may need for the day
If I did not iron the night before, I have to iron now. I try not to wear things that need ironing.
Get clothes for hubby and I out and ready, if not done the night before
Do my best to get hubby up on time. He does not like to get up and this is a fight every morning.
Is that it? I am sure I am missing something…
Commute to work 1 hr & 15 minutes
Attempt to catch up on sleep in the car (hubby drives both ways. He is a doll.)
Work 7:30 to 4:30
Work on blog post at lunch
Check in with SITS blogs at lunch
Commute back home 1 hr & 15 minutes
Attempt to catch up on reading in the car, review grocery ads for shopping list, etc.
Can you imagine if I had the doo-dad on a laptop that would allow me to use in a car?????
Get home
Change clothes
Do laundry
Make dinner or hope and pray one of the kids did
Eat dinner as a family
Clean up (or again, hope and pray one of the kids do it)
Laundry
Try to spend time with the kids catching up, catch up on TV shows we love (not just like), play WII together
Love on my grandbaby, Evan, the light and joy of my life
Get ready for bed routine.
Bed at 10-11 p.m. (hubby watches more tv. Swears he needs it to fall asleep. I swear it is why he is not rested in the AM and does not want to get up)




Rinse and Repeat every weekday

Here’s Hoping For Sleep!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, your life sounds like mine, although I work from home the hours are the same. I will pray you get some time to renew and relax. Thanks for stopping by Bee Wise Bags!!

Miss Dot said...

Oh my heavens to Betsy, I don't even have kids yet and I totally know what you mean. My husband and I each read a book when we first got married: "For Women Only" (for me to read) and "For Men Only" (for him to read). His book tried to describe to him what a woman's head is like. This is what they said (paraphrased): Brains are like computers. Men can open up and close windows as they see fit, though not a lot of windows open at once. Women open a bunch of windows, keep them all open at one time, and field pop-up after pop-up that remind them about things that they WISH they could stop thinking about. Sound familiar?!!?!? Haha!!

Samantha said...

What busy, busy days you have! There is definitely a lot of worrying in my days, too.

My husband swears that he needs the TV on to fall asleep, too. :)

satakieli said...

Oh tell me about it... my son still wakes in the night too so most days I feel like a zombie!

Stopping by from SITS

iram said...

hi thanks for stoping by my blog today .i can very well understand how u feel when u say u gat v.little sleep i have the same problem but for my own reasons i have 2 little daughters the younger one is 2 and elder 5 the younger one wakes me up atleast 3 times a night and if its not her then its the loud barks of our watch dog,and even if its not her then its me my self who needs to go to wash room in the middle of the night and then in the morning i have to wake up early to prepare the kids for school and hubby to office :)

tristan said...

Oh em gee! You have a crazy busy day! EVERY DAY! Good Lord. Good for you for fitting it all in!

Tara said...

Thanks for linking up. I am following you too!

Tara @ Trendy Treehouse

Nicole said...

Your day makes me tired! Holy cow you aren't kidding about cramming everything into your day! I am SO glad you enjoy reading my blog!! My life just writes itself:) I am excited to be following you!

Kathryn said...

"I love how you are documenting your prenancy. It will be helpful to others who become new moms as well.
Checking in from SITS to say HI!
Please stop by
http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com"

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! :) I hope it is helpful, and I know it will be helpful for me to look back upon as well.

Cute blog by the way! :)

KiraAJ said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog! Hope u have a good wkend!

Anonymous said...

busy days! hope you get some rest on the weekends...?

Unknown said...

I do exactly the same!! Just before I fall asleep everything just seems to pop into my head! Things I should of done or said.. It's really starting to frustrate me! :(

Karls said...

Man! That is crazy! I don't have kids and my husband and I share the housework (he does all the cooking)... I'm so not going down the kids track now!

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

That's quite a commute! Hope you get to catch up on some ZZZs over the weekends.