Friday, March 12, 2010

Slipcovers



I absolutely adore the look of a white slipcover, Partly because of the crisp, clean look. The other is because you can cover any couch or chair, no matter what it looks like.




Photobucket
I came across a post today by
The Nester at the Nesting Place,
making a slipcover with
Pink and Polka Dot who has a tutorial on her blog.
Pink and Polka Dot
talks about living with white slipcovers
on her blog and her love affair with them. She says she does not restrict the kids and they eat and have wine on them. (I don't think she has my kids. Ha Ha Ha)

Photobucket



She also has what she calls
The Laziest Slipcover
Tutorial Ever.



Photobucket



She has inspired me. There is a couch I have had my eye on that has been at Goodwill for WEEKS.It has great bones, but has the most AWFUL green upholstery. Now, to talk my husband into this couch...



If you get inspired to make a slipcover, link up to her Slipcover Party.






Remember the first chair at the top of this post? This is the before...



Photobucket



Talk about inspiring!
Post a Comment