Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bench & Answer To Yesterday's Question


Photobucket 




The fabulously talented Kevin over at The Lettered Cottage created this stunning
bench by repurposing a headboard. Yes, I said a headboard! Kevin built the box and assembled the two together, creating this magnificent piece of furniture!





Kevin and Layla work together to create some really great items for their home and they work together on their blog. In fact, Kevin wrote the tutorial for
The Headboard Bench.Although my husband is supportive of my blog and the time spent, he would not write his tutorials.!

Photobucket 

Remember yesterday I posted this picture and asked if you knew what it was?
Dove420 at A Crafty Grandma's Thoughts On... knew it was a ...

MICROWAVE!
Can you belive it? Look at the size of that thing!

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

Welcome to Yo Tweeps Twaffic Exchange CARNIVAL.





Follow extreme_measure on Twitter





1. Click on my twitter Icon above. Follow me!





2. Shout me a hello on twitter. @extreme_measure I follow!! #yotweeps





Then I'll know you followed and I'll reciprocate. SO EASY to do this way! Especially if you use tweetdeck.





Want more tweeps?





MAKE A BLOG POST LIKE I DID.





Follow extreme_measure on Twitter





3. Grab the YO Tweeps Button










4.. Place it on your blog post. This helps to BRAND the Exchange so that it is recognizable.





5. Put a twitter icon / link on your blog post like I did. ( little birdies) there are some sites listed below to get icons from





Twitter Icon
by Twitter Icons





6. Visit some other YO Tweeps linkers on the list.





7. Follow them if you choose and shout out to them on twitter that you did so they can instantly follow you if they're on.





Example:





@extreme_measure #yotweeps I'm following!





8. If someone follows you, reciprocate. It's that easy.





Yahhh for tweepers. Twitter is becoming more and more fun for me.





AWE_some.. MAKES tweeting more fun.





TWEETDECK.COM





* here are some twitter icon sites





http://twittericonfactory.com/





http://www.twittericon.com/





http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/100-remarkably-beautiful-twitter-icons-and-buttons/





If you are really feelin' the love, follow my blog, if you aren't already!



12 comments:

iheartsunnydays said...

I was thinking it might have been a microwave! Wow - certainly no room on my kitchen bench for that - it would've had to have its own room!!

Karen and Gerard said...

The bench looks very nice! That is the biggest microwave ever! I don't remember them being huge like that.

Visiting from SITS.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Love the bench and that microwave is just CRAZY weird, lol!!!

Kat said...

Love the bench, and your style! I'm a new follower!

jvw home said...

Blog Frog told me you're now following my blog! thx so much for adding my name!....and it made me find yours & your blog is toooo cute!!
Have a great day & I hope to share more inspiring posts soon....
Jeanette
http://jvwhome.blogspot.com

Karen Harris said...

Thanks for "friending" me on blog frog. Love that bench! Besides cooking, I love to refurbish fun little pieces of furniture so this is right up my alley.

Tiffany said...

A microwave? That would make my 10x10 kitchen seem even smaller than it already is. Yikes! The one I have now takes too much counter space.

That bench is cute! Very homey.

About Southern Belle said...

Thanks for friending me on blog frog. I love, love, love that bench. One day I will totally have to make one. Thanks for sharing the link on how to.

~Christine

Debbie said...

That thing is a microwave? Scary!
Came by from SITS.

Babs said...

I noticed the blog frog sent me a friend request in my email...just had to check out your blog..thanks...as for the bench, I bought a bench in a junk shop up north in the 70's of a bed made into a "setee"...and I had an old bed...cannon ball feather bed made into one as well...it's in my kitchen...I'll take a picture of it and add it to my blog.on one of them anyway...

Barb

natalee said...

That bench was soooooo amazing i loved it!!!

Joyce said...

Cute cute bench. I have just discovered your blog, and I have been looking around. I love your black and white design. Nice ideas.