Saturday, January 1, 2011

Where o Where Have the Comments Gone, O Where O Where Can They Be?

Happy New Year everyone! Fabulous readers, I make a plea and a call out to you, not just for me but for fellow bloggers as well. As you know, because you too are writers and givers, a great deal of time is spent on projects, inspiration, and writing of our posts. We WANT to HEAR what you have to say! I want to hear your thoughts on my posts. I had over 8,000 views last month and hardly any comments.

So, I make a call out to you to begin commenting on blogs, once again. As for myself, what I do is go down my Google Reader or Reading List on my Dashboard and for every title that calls to me and I open, I make a useful comment. You may not be touched that day, but there was a reason I followed you and I will get to you on a post that strikes me. I do this every day.

Have a Happy, Successful New Year!



5 comments:

Chelsea said...

I have been wondering where all the comments have gone as well! Many views, but hardly any comments sometimes. It's like the blogging community has started an anti-comment movement, lol.

http://vandylandmommy.blogspot.com

Crystal said...

Same here! And although my craft blog is brand spankin' new, I'm getting traffic & I know for a fact a lot of it is my friends who LIKE CRAFTS TOO! I want to feel like "I can't be THAT boring!?". And I'm trying diligently to be MUCH better about it. With my past blogs I sucked at it, but I think it's b/c my genre did not truly interest me. Crafts & DIY? Now that's allllllllllll ME, so I enjoy reading others & commenting =) Good luck getting your comments back up!!

Judy Whatilivefor said...

I have felt the same way where there's plenty of traffic but hardly any traffic! It's frustrating not knowing what anyone thinks and though you're getting the pageviews, it's so rewarding when someone takes a few minutes to comment...

It's only fair to comment when someone writes a post that captures your attention for any span of time.

MrsJenB said...

I definitely relate to this, and I think most bloggers do at one time or another. I try to make it a point to comment as much as possible - actually I'm making it my mission to visit as many of my favorite blogs as possible and to be as supportive as possible - and it sucks when I still don't get many.

Momma T said...

I love this post. This is a great point. I read a few blogs a week. I comment on them, if not to say I enjoyed the post. For this one, I say it was the title that grabbed my attention.