Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pasta E Fagioli Soup in a Crock Pot

One of my husbands favorite soups is Pasta E Fagioli. The cafeteria where we work makes a fantastic rendition that he just loves. While I do not have the time for the full fledged version (we have a 2 hour a day commute to and from work), I have a crockpot version I make him.




Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
3 (10 ounce) cans beef stock
3 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons pepper
5 teaspoons parsley
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
1 (20 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
8 ounces pasta
Directions:
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 7 1/4 hrs
1 Brown beef in a skillet.
2 Drain fat from beef and add to crock pot with everything except pasta.
3 Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
4 During last 30 min on high or 1 hour on low, add pasta.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

love pasta fagioli soup.. so yummy! {i use the recipe from olive garden}

Tracey said...

This could be the ticket to my husband's heart! ;) He loves pasta e fagioli - and I will love it if I can make it in a crock pot!! Thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

I love crock pot soups, look forward to giving this one a try!

Val @ It's Always Sunny in Somerville said...

Mmmm! I love pasta fagioli. (Saw you on Someday Crafts) I'll be trying this soon!

Run DMT said...

Oh yum! That looks so yummy and easy. Thanks for sharing!

I host another Friday Food Fight and I would love for you to link up and join our blog hop. See you in the ring! ;-)

http://deniseisrundmt.com/2011/02/18/easy-empanadas/

April said...

Oh wow that looks yummy! I am bookmarking this one for later! thanks for linking up. I am a new follower!

Janelle Nehrenz said...

Oh yessssss.....I like what I am seeing! A "Comfy" cook!!! Thanks for posting this delish recipe! Love to you, Janelle

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

This is a brilliant idea! To make Pasta E Fagioli in a crock pot! Ingenious! Saves so much time and work! Thanks for sharing this recipe post over on Fresh Clean and Pure Friday....and as always, I hope you return with something new to add this week! Roz