Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Balancing Meal Time: Busy Nights








Balancing Meal Time: Busy Nights


As we previously discussed HERE, my husband and I work full-time jobs and have a one hour commute that leaves us very little time to do necessary household duties, errands and most important to us, family time. At the same time, we are on a mission to balance our family time with the need to save money and eat better. Last night, we needed to run a few errands, one of which was a trip to Sam’s Club. While there, in order to expedite dinner, I purchased 2 rotisserie chickens, one for last night and one for tonight. Last night I used the rotisserie chicken as it was and prepared sides. Tonight, I will be making the following recipe that I wanted to share with you. My changes to this will be that I use a Boboli crust and we use more chicken. 







Brie, Cranberry & Chicken Mini Pizzas

From the cookbook: The Rotisserie Chicken Cookbook


Ingredients:
1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon minced roasted garlic
6 frozen dinner roll pieces, thawed
1/2 cup cubed rotisserie chicken
2 oz. Brie, sliced
6 teaspoons fresh Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon finely snipped fresh chives




Step 1: Preheat Oven & Prepare Pan
Preheat oven to 350 degree. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.


Step 2: Make Sauce
Stir together the cranberry sauce, basil,rosemary, and garlic into a small bowl. Set aside.


Step 3: Shape Pizzas
Press each dough ball flat into the shape of a pizza. Arrange 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.


Step 4:Assemble & Bake
Spread 1 heaping Tablespoon of herbed cranberry sauce over the pizza crust to within 1/4 inch of the edge. Top with even amounts of chicken and Brie. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. 


Step 5: Garnish & Serve
Sprinkle each pizza with fresh chives. Serve hot. 


Cooks Notes: On it's own, this pizza makes a perfect appetizer. Served with a salad, it's a terrific lunch or light dinner. 







8 comments:

Ally Simons said...

Hello! We're in the same boat with full work days and hectic commutes- I'm definitely filing these pizzas in my "quick but delicious" folder! They look awesome.

Ally from TinyWalletStyle.com

Jenny said...

We are super busy all the time. I have put together several "go to" quick meals we use all the time. I even did a series about it on my blog called "How to Eat at Home on the Go". Check it out!

Naturally Me Creations said...

Those are so sweet! :)

Thanx for linking 'em up at my party too! :D

Unknown said...

These look WONDERFUL! I love brie and have never had it on a pizza. Thanks for bringing to Friday Potluck. :)

Unknown said...

Great ideas! These look yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Miz Helen said...

It does take a balance with the busy lives that we all live. Your ideas are great. Thank you for sharing at Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

Unknown said...

Hi Happy to be here from from Ekat's Friday Potluck - Wanted to introduce my blog (still a fledgling after 5 months ;)) and let you know about a couple of events happening on my blog
cheers and look forward -Priya
http://priyasnowserving.blogspot.com/

AllieMakes! said...

Those look DIVINE!!! Wow! Thank you for sharing!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie last week! I can't wait to see what you have for this week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com