Monday, January 30, 2012

Last Minute Dinner Recipe: Three-Cheese & Chicken Baked Pasta


I was searching this weekend for a last minute dinner idea. You know how it is...it's Saturday and you've been busy all day, look at the clock and it's already 4:30. I searched around the net and came across this Southern Living recipe for  Three Cheese Baked Pasta and decided this was what was going to be for dinner. I thought the recipe sounded easy and fantastic!

I did, however make two adjustments. There is no way my meat eater hubby was going to have a non-meat meal. I  added chicken to appease my meat eater.  I also did not have ricotta on hand but did have cottage cheese and substituted with that. This turned out so good, easy and the family raved on its deliciousness!  Now, I never eat leftover pasta but my husband does. He said it was as delicious reheated as it was the first time!   

Three-Cheese & Chicken Baked Pasta


Ingredients
1 (16-oz.) package ziti pasta
2 (10-oz.) containers Alfredo sauce 
1 (8-oz.) container sour cream 
1 (15-oz.) container ricotta cheese
2 large eggs, lightly beaten 
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped

Preparation
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot. Stir together Alfredo sauce and sour cream; toss with ziti until evenly coated. Spoon half of ziti mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Stir together ricotta cheese and next 3 ingredients; spread evenly over pasta mixture. Spoon remaining pasta mixture evenly over ricotta cheese layer; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

I hope your family enjoys this as much as ours!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks so delicious. I am seriously thinking of giving this a try.

pduthoy said...

Looks good. Thanks.

Jodi Hoppe Wresh said...

Looks very delicious! i will have to try it son! CIAwoman66@yahoo.com

JoAnn Brightman said...

This does look delicious and seems easy to make. Thanks.

jbafaith said...

This recipe sounds delicious and I am going to try it out! Thanks for sharing it!