Sunday, January 30, 2011

Quick sack, twelve pack, back again

We came up with an easy upgrade that made a great gift. Dave and I needed a gift for a friend and snagged this sign, after I convinced him that the bright and cheery colors would look great at our friend's bar and complement his other bar decor.  






The sign is shaped as a bottle cap and it's lively colors will be oh so cheery! We picked up the sign for $6 and the clock parts for $5. All Dave had to do was locate the center,drill a hole and attach the clock parts to the sign. Results in about five minutes flat.



Simple? Check. Cheap? Check? Anyone can do it? Check. Plus it made a great gift!
And speaking of quick change-overs, what have you guys been transforming on the cheap? Any other projects going on?
Do tell!


9 comments:

Lizzy said...

That is pretty cool--I can see this being a popular "man cave" gift :)
-visiting from Craftomaniac

Cherie said...

Love it! I am a new follower!

FrouFrouBritches said...

That is so cute! Aren't you smart to turn it into a clock! It was nice before, but now it's brilliant!

Ruth said...

I love the sign. I can't believe the price you paid. That's an amazing sign for that price.

Just came over from TCB.

Ruth

Kristin said...

LOVE this sign/clock/idea! Awesome! I stumbled (from STT)!

Kristin :)
Keenly Kristin

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Very cute idea! I'm here from My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia. It's great to find your blog.

BJ_Mama said...

FOR THE WIN!
This is AWESOME!

Leslie said...

Great gift! I have a friend that would go nuts for this. Where did you get the sign?

Holly Lefevre said...

Cute sign...great idea to add the clock hand! Fabulous gift.